01 Jul Making the Most of 2022
Today is July 1st… the 7th month of 2022 and the first month in the last half of this year. I know I’ve said this before, but seriously… How did we get here so fast?
I took some time off in June to rest and recharge. How are you doing? What are you up to this summer? How’s your year turning out for you? Is it going according to plan? Did you make a plan? Do you want to make the most of the rest of this year?
If you’re feeling like this year is almost already over, pause a moment and take a deep breath. Remember, God will continue to help you with the months that are left.
“I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice…For I the Lord your God hold your right hand; I am the Lord, Who says to you, Fear not; I will help you! Fear not…I will help you, says the Lord; your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel.” Isaiah 41:10, 13, 14
There it is–right there in the God-breathed, living-and-active, authoritative, inerrant, words of your God– 3 times he says, “I WILL HELP YOU!” God will, under his loving and watchful eye, always do what He says He will do. He will help you– That’s His promise to you.
So, what do you do with all this? If you decide you want chart a new course for the next 6 months (and the last 6 months) of 2022, here are some helpful tools for you:
- Download The Four Priorities Planner: John and I created this planner to help you plan your days with intentional purpose for growing in each area of the four priorities. (Simply put: your relationship with Jesus, yourself, your close community, and then the world.) Download the planner, print it out, and set aside some time to think through it.
- Listen or Watch Episode 69 – Making the Most of 2022: In this 23-minute episode, I teach the importance of why we set aside time to Biblically align ourselves and submit our plan to the Lord.
- Listen or Watch Episode 70 – Using The Four Priorities Planner: In this 16-minute episode, I walk through how to best use the planner.
That’s it! Believe God when he says he will help you and take some time to just… be with him. Then pray through and work through The Four Priorities Planner and let him set your pace for the remainder of this year.
Run your race at your pace and don’t try to keep up with everyone else. Follow the Good Shepherd and he will lead you, not chase you. He will set your pace– a pace that enables you to flourish; to be what He created you to be, and to do what He purposes for you to do.
I love y’all!
Looking for more inspiration to make the most of 2022?
- Out into the deep
- Do what God has called you to do
- Being Sober Minded
- Build a Kingdom of Kingdom-Builders
Listen or Watch: